Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Create Art Mixed Media Canvas

Hi Friends:  Today's post is mixed media canvas using some of my favorite mediums.  As always with my mixed media projects, this was SO MUCH FUN! I was inspired by many of my favorite mixed media artists such as #finnabair and #maremismallart.  Please see below for photo, process, challenges, and supplies.  Have a super day and take time to do what you love!

Today, I only have this large photo and the detail photo, below.  I always mean to take pictures during the process, but I get so caught up in the creation that I forget to stop and take the photos.  Maybe next time....

Mixed Media




Instructions:
Prep canvas with black gesso.  Apply black molding/embossing paste through stencil.  Paint canvas with Old Silver Inka Gold.  Glue on all letters, charms, metal pieces, embellishments and lace and cover with black gesso.  Paint letters with turquoise Metallic Lustre.  Paint all other embellishments with varying colors of Inka Gold and Metallic Lustre waxes.  When dry, buff canvas and embellishments with soft cloth to bring out the shine.  Finish by gluing clear gems to centers of washers/nuts, flowers, and various metal pieces.

Challenges Entered (Click on the Picture or Caption for the link):

MMMC #35 - What's Your Superpower?
In this case, my superpower would have to be my passion for creating art with my mixed media projects, cards, and layouts.  It is so much fun and I can never wait to get to my craft room and start creating!


Bery71bleu:  April Mood Board Challenge


Supplies Used:
Art-C Wax Paste Metallic - Bronze (Amazon)
Viva Decor Inka Gold (Amazon): Steel Blue, Old Silver, Lava Red, Violet, Green Yellow
Viva Decor Inka Gold, Steel Blue (Amazon)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology BUCKLES (SSS)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Findings (Ornate Plates) (Amazon)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology KEYHOLES (SSS)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology TIMEPIECES Metal Watch Clock Face (SSS)
DecoArt Metallic Lustre Wax (Amazon): Polished Coral, Rose Gold, Brilliant Turquoise, Cosmic Blue
Kaisercraft - 12 x 12 Stencils Template - Script (Scrapbook.com)
Prima Marketing Sunrise Sunset Mechanicals Metal Vintage Trinkets-Roses (Amazon)
Tim Holtz Grungeboard Alpha and Mixed Minis
Tim Holtz Light Bulbs
Art-C Black Molding Paste
Other items from my stash:  8X10 Canvas, charms, lace, nuts and bolts, metal keys, metal and wood gears, gems, black gesso, resin flower
Note:  Many apologies if I missed specific product names for the metals, wood pieces, and other embellishments - I tried to capture them all!

9 comments:

  1. That's just fab such great texture and colours love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is stunning, thank you for entering our challenge here at Berry71Bleu x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woww this is amazing thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleux

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool! I love all the doo-dads concentrated in the center. Thank you for sharing with us at Mixed Media Monthly. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great canvas - very cool!!! I have some of those letters I need to use up someday!! Thanks so much for playing at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of the texture you have created on your canvas. Thank you for taking part in this months Mixed Media Monthly Challenge. Hugs, Clare DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Much fabulous details! Thanks for joining our April challenge at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you centered the embellishments. Great structure and colors. Thank you for playing along with the Berry71Blue April Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous canvas and showcasing the very thing you love..art! ;-) Thanks ever so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu this month! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.