Saturday, January 28, 2017

Love Canvas

Hi Friends:  With Valentine's Day approaching, I thought I would do a mixed media canvas dedicated to Love.  I found this great wood embellishment at JoAnn's and just had to make it the focal point on the canvas.  I used my favorite LSG sprays, flowers and lace, along with gems, charms, and jewelry pieces from my stash.  This was lots of fun to create I hope you enjoy it, too!  Please see below for challenges, instructions, and supplies that I used.  Have a great day!



Process:
I added the Tim Holtz tissue paper to the canvas using Collage Pauge.  Once dry, I randomly added hearts to the canvas using a stencil and white embossing paste.  I used white gesso to prep the heart embellishment and flourishes, added them to the canvas, added some glass bead gel around the flourishes, then colored the canvas with LSG sprays and Adirondack color washes.  I added the flowers and lace as shown, then colored them with the same LSG sprays.  I also colored some jute with Faded Jeans stain.  When everything was dry, I added the jute and various gems, charms, buttons, wire, and metal embellishments around the flowers and flourishes as shown.




Challenges Entered (Click on the Picture or Caption for the link):
Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - Put a Stencil on It
Berry71Bleu JanuaryChallenge - a Pop of Color
SSS Monday Challenge - Spread Your Wings


Supplies Used:
8X10 Canvas
Tim Holtz Idea-ology MELANGE Tissue Wrap Paper (SSS) 
Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays (SSS):  Ramblin' Rose Pink, Drink Me Silly Set
Viva Decor SILVER Inka Gold Beeswax Polish (SSS)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Metal WORD BANDS (SSS)
Adirondack Color Wash (Amazon): Meadow, Sailboat Blue
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Facets (Amazon)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology 6 x 12 GRUNGEPAPER (SSS)
Sizzix Bigz BIGkick/Big Shot Die by Tim Holtz, Elegant Flourishes (Amazon)
Faber-Castell GLASS BEAD GLITTER GEL (SSS)
Liquitex Gesso - White (Amazon)
Liquitex Matte Super Heavy Gel Medium (Amazon)
Finnabair Art Extravagance Texture Paste Clear Crackle (Amazon)
Collage Pauge Instant Decoupage Matte (Amazon)
Teresa Collins Heart Stencil (Amazon)
Wendy Vecchi White Embossing Paste (SSS)
Distress Stains (SSS): Faded Jeans
Recollections white paper flowers
Other:  charms, lace, jute, gems, jewelry pieces, wire, wood heart

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is a real stunner! I am in love with all of the bright colors and how skillfully you used them. You've created movement and visual interest with the pops of color in just the right places. The blues are soothing and elegant and I really like the way you incorporated all of those gorgeous embellishments. This is full of life and loveliness and totally encompasses everything good about love! Thank you for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colorful canvas like our Moodboard. Nice work. Thank you for entering our Berry71Blue "A Pop of Color" January challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stunning...love the layers and gorgeous details! ;-) Thanks ever so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu this month! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.