Sunday, January 22, 2017

CWWC - Birthday Star Card

Hi Friends:  There is a new challenge today over at the Crafting When We Can Challenges Blog, where the current theme is Spots or Stripes.  (I used both!)

Please visit our fabulous sponsor this week, Sasayaki Glitter, to see all of their wonderful products!

My creation for this week is a birthday card using the lovely Anita's Star digital image.


Here's a close-up of the image, so you can see the glitter and shine in the balloons and her clothes.


I hope that you are inspired by my creation and will join us over at the CWWC blog to see the creations of the other design team members and enter for your chance to win a great prize from our sponsor.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great CRAFTY day!

Process:
I printed the digital image onto smooth white cardstock and colored her with my Spectrum Noir markers, using colors that matched the papers I chose.  I chose these KI papers because they had both a lovely striped and circles paper.  I trimmed the papers to fit my A7 card base, then used a striped embossing folder on the striped paper to enhance the texture.  I used a pleat fold on the circles paper, then stitched the top edge with my sewing machine and added some lace colored with the SN markers.  After I adhered all the background papers, I used a framelits die to cut the image and frames, then used some fun foam to pop the image off the center of the card.  I used some Glossy Accents and glitter on the stars, then used the clear SN Glitter brush pen on her clothes/hat. I cut my sentiment from the same papers and added it on a banner at the bottom of the card.  To finish, I added a ribbon, some sequins, and some tattered/used dryer sheet behind the focal image.


Supplies Used:
Anita's Star digital image by Sasayaki Glitter
KI Vintage Charm paper pad
Hammermill Color Copy Digital Cover paper (Amazon)
Spectrum Noir Glitter Brush Pens (Amazon)
Sizzix Framelits Die Set 4PK - Decorative Frames (Amazon)
Glossy Accents (SSS)
Spectrum Noir Markers (Amazon): Clothes/Balloons: DR5, DR6, DR7, BT2, BT4, BT6; Hair:  EB1, EB3, EB5, EB8; Skin:  FS1, FS2, FS4, TN2; Other:  BGR1, Blender
Impression Obsession Greeting Set Die (Amazon)
Sizzix embossing folder
Other:  sequins, ribbon, A7 card base, sewing machine, lace, fine glitter, fun foam

1 comment:

  1. I adore this card! The background you created is beautiful!! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.