Monday, December 12, 2016

CYP - Winter Wonderland Tag

Hi Friends:  There is a new challenge today over at the Craft Your Passion Challenges blog, where the challenge is Always Anything Goes, and any handcrafted items are welcome.

Please visit our fabulous sponsor this week, All Dressed Up Stamps, to see all of their wonderful products!

My creation for this week is a winter wonderland tag using the lovely digital stamp called Christmas Deer.  As always with my mixed media projects, this was lots of fun to create.



I hope that you are inspired by my creation and will join us over at the CYP blog to see the creations of the other design team members and enter for your chance to win a great prize from our sponsor.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great CRAFTY day!

Process:
I printed the digital stamp onto smooth white cardstock and colored it with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I used a white gel pen to color the white spots on the deer and a touch of Glossy Accents on her nose, then I fussy-cut her so I could add her to the tag.  For the tag, I started by adding white crackle paste to the entire background.  Once dry, I created my own snowflake stencil using some snowflake punches and cardstock, then I used the stencil with some blue iridescent Creative Medium to add snowflakes around the tag.  I used my LSG sprays to color the entire tag - spraying them around the tag and dripping colors to let them run around the snowflakes.  I wanted a bit more color, so I used some gelatos and rubbed them into the cracks from the crackle paste.  I used the Gilded Christmastime remnant rubs to add some words in the background, then added some gems to the snowflake centers.  For the ground, I added some glass bead glitter gel to make the snow sparkle and shine; I love the effect!  The snowflake brad was more beige than white, so I painted it with some of the silver 3D stamp paint to get the color I wanted, then attached it over the flower atop the deer's head.  I attached the deer to the tag with foam squares, then added the Winter Wonderland title using the Holiday Talk stickers.  To finish, I added some fibers and a snowflake charm at the top of the tag.

Challenges: (Please click on the caption for the link)
SSS Monday Challenge - Let There Be Snow
SSS Wednesday Challenge: Ice Inspiration
















Berry71bleu: Winter Wonderland

Supplies Used:
Christmas Deer digital stamp by All Dressed Up Stamps
Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays (SSS):  Azure Sea Asters, Hydrangea Blue, Frenchy's Pink Pouf
Spectrum Noir Markers (Amazon): GB8, EB1, TN2, TN3, TN4, TN5, TN7, IG5, IG10, CR2, blender
Tsukineko IRIDESCENT BLUE CREATIVE MEDIUM Texture Paste (SSS)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology GILDED CHRISTMASTIME Remnant Rubs (SSS)
Manila Tag (SSS)
Faber-Castell Gelatos (SSS):  Cotton Candy, Metallic Grape, Metallic Silver, Iced Rose, Guava
Making Memories Noel brads (snowflake)
Other:  Fibers, snowflake punches, cardstock, gems, foam squares, snowflake charm

6 comments:

  1. Love the sweet deer tag.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable and your background is amazing. Love the beautiful blue colors! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is so cute,, love it. Thank you for entering our challenge at Berry71Bleu x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute tag! Love it! The background you made is amaxing!! Thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu December challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable reindeer on an amazing background. Thank you for joining us at Berry71Blue December Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute tag and love that rich and beautiful colour! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu this month! Also wishing you a fabulous 2017! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.