Sunday, December 11, 2016

CWWC - Christmas Penguins Card

Hi Friends:  There is a new challenge today over at the Crafting When We Can Challenges Blog, where the current theme is Christmas.

Please visit our fabulous sponsor this week, Sasayaki Glitter, to see all of their wonderful products!

My creation for this challenge is a card using the super cute digital image called Christmas Penguins.



I hope that you are inspired by my creation and will join us over at the CWWC blog to see the creations of the other design team members and enter for your chance to win a great prize from our sponsor.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great CRAFTY day!  Merry Christmas!


Process:
I printed the image onto smooth white cardstock and colored it with my Spectrum Noir Markers.  For some extra Christmassy shimmer, I added some glitter pen to the stars, ornaments, hearts, and flower centers.  I stamped the sentiment with black ink, then added a mirrored star to the top of the tree.  I added the background paper to the card base and put some silver glitter ribbon along the edge.  For the focal image, I double matted it and added it to the card base with fun foam.


Supplies Used:
Christmas Penguins digital stamp by Sasayaki Glitter
Memento TUXEDO BLACK INK PAD (SSS)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology MIRRORED STARS (SSS)
Spectrum Noir Glitter Brush Pens (Amazon) - clear, blue
Spectrum Noir Markers (Amazon): Tree - JG2, JG4, JG7; Boxes - BT1, BT2, BT3, T4, TB3, IB1, IB2, IB3; Penguins - IG1, IG2, IG5, IG6, IG8, OR1, GB3; blender
Papers from a free gift from a stamping magazine (they were just the colors I had in mind!)
DCWV Foil Paper
Christmas in Mulberry Wood stamp set (sentiment)
Hammermill Color Copy Digital Cover paper (Amazon)
Other:  ribbon, fun foam, A7 card base

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! Love the blues! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your color choices! Such a fun holiday card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color choices. Such a fun holiday card!

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.