Thursday, December 22, 2016

Christmas Angel Layout

Hi Friends:  Today's post is layout about our tradition of using a Christmas angel to top our Christmas tree.  When we were first married, we bought an angel to top our tree.  But, when my mom passed last year, I inherited the angel that we had used on our tree when I was a child, so we replaced our angel with this favorite angel from my past.  I know I seem to ALWAYS use blue, but the colors matched the blue of the angel's robe, and represent winter to me, so I just had to use them.  Because of the shine in the foil and the glitter title, the camera just won't capture the beautiful shimmer of the background, but it's truly gorgeous in person.  Please see below for photos, process, challenges, and supplies.  Have a super day and Merry Christmas!





Process:
I prepped my background page with gesso, and made my own stencil with scrap cardstock and a snowflake die.  I used iridescent medium to emboss the snowflakes onto the background, then sprayed the background with various colors of blue LSG sprays, letting them drip around the snowflakes.  I added some random stamping around the page for interest.  For my Christmas trees, I cut them from plain white cardstock and from silver foil paper.  For the white trees, I used fiber paste and glass bead glitter gel to add texture, then I wrapped them with silver wire strung with blue seed beads. I used foil to cut a trellis accent around my photo, then added some doilies around the photo.  I wanted to mimic the tinsel on our tree (seen at the bottom of the photo), so I added some tinsel twine around the photo.  I placed the trees around the photo, mounting some with foam backing for dimension and others directly to the background.  I die-cut the word Christmas from silver foil paper and added it with some silver glitter foam letters for my title.  For the added texture and interest around the background, I used gesso, more LSG sprays and glass bead glitter gel to create a wintery, snowy shine.  And there's a bit of brushed pewter paint around the edges.  This was lots of fun to create.

Challenges Entered (Click on the Caption for the link):
Winter Wishes

More Than Words: Traditions and Handmade
Mixed Media Monthly:  Merry and Bright

HLS Mixed Media:  ATG


























Supplies Used:
Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays (SSS):  Blue Hawaiian Blue, Bachelor Button Blue, Hydrangea Blue
Tsukineko IRIDESCENT BLUE CREATIVE MEDIUM Texture Paste (SSS)
Faber-Castell GLASS BEAD GLITTER GEL (SSS)
Simon Says Stamp CHRISTMAS BLESSINGS Craft Dies (SSS)
Archival Jet Black Ink (SSS)
Prima Flowers WIRE NET Finnabair Clear Stamp (SSS)
DCWV Foil Paper (Amazon)
Golden Fiber Paste (Amazon)
Tim Holtz Distress Paint BRUSHED PEWTER (SSS)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology SILVER TINSEL TWINE (SSS)
Tim Holtz Sizzix TRELLIS Frameworks Die (SSS)
Making Memoris Sticker Glitter Foam Alpha - Silver
DCWV The Christmas Stack paper pad
We R Memory Keepers A Little Note stamp
Sizzix Snowflake 2 die and Christmas Tree 2 die
Other:  Doilies, seed beads, wire


9 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful creation and I love your little handmade Christmas tree with all the little beads. Thanks so much for playing along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fabulous xx Thank you for playing with us at morethanwords challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely how you made this. I like the details on the trees.
    Thanks for playing with us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge Good luck!! Michelle(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I adore your tree decorations! And don't apologise for the blue - it's fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those decorated trees are beautiful!! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Absolutely WONDERFUL...
    Thanks for joining in over @ More Than Words! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is perfectly adorable! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful and perfect for the season! Thank you for playing along with HLS December Mixed Media Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wire bead embellishments for your Christmas trees. Such a lovey layout. Thanks for joining us at More than Words xx

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.