Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Follow Your Bliss

Hi Friends:  Today I'm sharing a new layout of my Mom and Dad's wedding.    Although their wedding was over 50 years ago, I absolutely love this photo - my mom and dad look so happy.  To create the layout, I used something old (the papers and Prima flowers), something new (lace), something borrowed (the photo),  and something blue (papers, LSG sprays). As with all my mixed media projects - this was tons of fun to create.  Please see below for process, challenges, and supplies.  Have a great day & remember to follow your bliss!


Detail Photos:




Process:
I prepped my background paper with clear gesso, then used the blue Creative Medium and a heart stencil to add texture.  For more texture, I used my sewing machine and stitched around all the edges. I added the blue LSG sprays to add some teture and varation to the color of the background papers. To frame the photo, I used a Blue Fern chipboard frame with Versamark ink and white embossing powder.  I also embossed the 2 chipboard pieces and title with the same embossing powder.  I added the framed photo to the page, along with the chipboard pieces.  I glued the lace and added some pearl gems to the scallop centers.  I colored several of the flowers with the same LSG sprays and added the blue and white flowers around the photo.  I selected the word "magical" from the Chit Chat stickers and added it in the center of the chipboard  accent.  I added beads around the word, then added various heart and floral charms as shown.  I finished with some white gesso and blue splatters throughout.


Challenges Entered (Click on the Caption for the link):
Berry71Bleu:  Navy is My Neutral
Blue Fern Studios: Use Blue Fern Title
More Than Words: Special / Something Blue


















Supplies:
Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays (SSS):  Blue Hawaiian Blue, Hydrangea Blue, Bachelor Button Blue, TiffanyLou Blue
DCWV Stencil (Heart)
Recollections Detail Embossing Powder - Snow
Recollections Flowers
Prima Flowers - Innoscence 2
Blue Fern Studios Chipboard:  Ironwork Accents, Postage Frames, Follow Your Bliss title
MME Papers
Other:  gems, lace, brads, charms, glass beads/microbeads

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - what an amazing photo! I love how you've scrapped it so beautifully. Thanks so much for joining us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work and such a precious memory! Thank you for joining at More than words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great layout Patti with so many wonderful details. Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing page!
    thanks for playing with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful layout for a wonderful photo! It's beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a wonderful layout, picture and design Patti.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page and love the styling and vintage feel! Great photo too! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu this month! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your layout is beautiful. I love the design and details.

    Thank for your always encouraging me

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.