Sunday, October 2, 2016

Time to Fly tag

Hi Friends:  Today's post is a tag called Time to Fly - it uses my favorite LSG sprays, Magicals and embossing powders.  I hope you like the tag and that you will look below for the process, challenges, and supplies.  Have a super day!



How To:
I started with a manila tag and used the Tim Holtz Harlequin stencil with Versamark ink to create my base layer.  I sprinkled it with LSG embossing powders in Madonna Robe Blue Gold and heat set it with my heat gun.  I also used the Madonna Robe Blue Gold and Stardust Candy Rose powders with Versamark ink on the chipboard.   I colored my flowers with a combination of the LSG sprays and magicals, then tipped them with some gold from the Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls Mist.  I layered some lace over the tag, then arranged the flowers with the chipboard which I cut into leafy shapes.  I added the clock face and the top butterfly charm.  I glued some seed beads to the edges of the Prima butterfly and glued it to the top of the flowers.  The tiny butterfly under the clock face started as a plain metal butterfly - I added the seed beads then shaped the butterfly antennae and body from silver wire and added it to the center.   The center blue flower looked a little base, so I added some blue seed beads to the center.  For the sentiment, I used some Chit Chat stickers colored with the LSG sprays and edged with my Stabilo ALL pencil.  I colored a bit of white ribbon with the LSG spray, then tucked them into the flowers at the top and bottom.  I edged the tag with Black Soot Distress Ink and finished off with some lovely fibers from my stash, then I dangled 1 last butterfly charm from the fibers.  This was so much fun to create - I love using the LSG products.

Challenges Entered (Click on the Caption for the link):

Powder Power
Anything Goes














Supplies Used:
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil HARLEQUIN (SSS)
Versamark EMBOSS INK PAD (SSS)
Lindy's Stamp Gang DRINK ME SILLY Magicals (SSS), Embossing Powder (Amazon), and Sprays (Amazon)
Prima Flowers GRUNGY BUTTERFLIES Finnabair Mechanicals (SSS)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology 1088 CHITCHAT STICKERS (SSS)
Distress Mini Ink Pad BLACK SOOT (SSS)
Blue Fern - Novelty Trims chipboard (ACOT)
Stabilo ALL pencil (Amazon)
Perfect Pearls Mists, Heirloom Gold (Amazon)
Recollections flowers
Hero Arts Hero Hues flowers
Other:  lace, heat gun, white ribbon, brads, charms, fibers, silver wire, seed beads, clock face sticker

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag Patti, the flowers are so pretty with the little watch in there too, great design and stunning colours. the whole design is stunning! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun tag, Patti, just chock full of goodies! Love the contrasting textures of the flowers and the metal elements against the beautiful embossed tag! So happy you joined us this week in our challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!! xx maura

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.