Friday, October 28, 2016

Halloween ATC

Hi Friends:  I created an ATC for Halloween - it was lots of fun to get out my sprays and pastes and make this little gem.  Please see below for photos, process, challenges, and supplies.  Have a super scary day!



Process:
I recycled a piece of cardboard packaging for my ATC and prepped it with black gesso.  I don't have a spider web stencil, so I used the Treads stencil from Tim Holtz because it looked almost web-like, and added texture using black molding paste.  Once dry, I added some cheesecloth, then sprayed the ATC with the LSG purple spray, then added the spider glitter tape and the spider adornment.  I added the moon in the top right corner using a Halloween themed sticky rub-on and orange glitter.  I cut the skeleton picture from the Midnight Magic paper pad, and added it to the ATC.  I covered the skeleton with crackle paint  and crazing medium to get it to look like old, cracked picture glass.  I added the glitter frame over the picture, then toned down the bright silver by painting it with the black LSG spray.  I finished off the ATC with the transparency "boo" tag attached with a purple brad.

Challenges Entered (Click on the Caption for the link):
Mini Challenge - Boo

MMMC #29 - October Mood Board
Anything Goes


Supplies Used:
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil TREADS (SSS)
Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays (SSS):  Prima Donna Purple and Screamin' Banshee Black
Tim Holtz Crackle Paint ROCK CANDY (SSS)
Tim Holtz Distress Collage Medium CRAZING (SSS)
Making Memories Clears - Halloween
Recollections Bling tape - spiders
Recollections Midnight Magic Halloween papers and brads
Tim Holtz Halloween Adornments
Art-C Molding Paste - black
Other:  silver glitter frame, Halloween sticky rub-on with glitter

2 comments:

  1. What a spooktacular ATC!!! I love the colors, texture and sparkle of it!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful and inspiring work with us over at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge blog for our Fall/Halloween challenge this month! Best of luck and I hope you'll join us again in November!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wicked fun and funky atcs!! Thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.