Monday, October 31, 2016

1st Car Layout

Hi Friends:  I just scrap-booked my daughter's first car - what a change in our lives that was!  It was a truck, of course, because my husband thought it would keep her much safer.   I enjoyed creating this layout, even though it was years ago that she got that car - since I don't scrapbook chronologically (less stress that way), I don't feel behind!   Please see below for photos, process, challenges, and supplies.  Enjoy this blast from the past and have a super day!




Process:
I started with a blue background paper prepped with clear gesso and used creative medium with a stencil to add texture - I used the Treads stencil since it's a new car theme!  I sprayed with varying shades of blue LSG sprays to create my ombre background.  For more texture, I randomly stamped with a Prima text stamp using archival ink.  For the chipboard and wood pieces, I used Versamark ink and LSG & other embossing powders in various shades of blue to continue the ombre look.  I added the photo over a die-cut doily, then added the chipboard frame on top.  I found various shades of blue flowers, some colored with the LSG sprays, and arranged them around the picture.  The journaling tags were cut from ephemera pieces, and the title words are from Tim Holtz's alpha parts.  I found the mirrored banner and the license plate in my stash and added them as shown.  As with all my mixed media projects, this was lots of fun to create!

Challenges Entered (Click on the Caption for the link):
Change And Ombre

Supplies Used:
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil - Treads (SSS)
Alpha Parts - Ranson - Amazon
Flowers by:  Spareparts - The Paper Studio, Recollections, Prima
DCWV Adhesive Mirrors - Banners
MME All Things Boy Ephemera
Creative Medium - Iridescent Blue (SSS)
LSG Sprays (SSS):  Blue Hawaiian Blue, Azure Sea Asters, Hydrangea Blue, Bachelor Button Blue
Embossing Powders:  LSG Hydrangea Blue Mauve, Stamp-n Stuff Blue Embossing Tinsel, Stamp-n Stuff Pacific Blue
Archival Jet Black Ink (SSS)
Blue Fern Studios Chipboard - Postage Frames (Amazon)
Basic Grey - Hey Boy metal stickers
Papers:  MME, black cardstock
Tonic Studios - Trellis Circle die
Momenta Wood gears
Liquitex Clear Gesso (Amazon)

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow - what an eye-catching page! It's so great you are recording your photos in any order. I agree - it's far less stress. Thanks for joining in at More Than Words this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful background! Thank you for playing with us at more than words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page Patti !! Bold yet sweet, with your daughter's smile being the best of all embellishment !! Thank you so much for joining us at More than Words !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what an exciting moment for your daughter! And a fabulous layout to document it! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.