Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Rustic Tag

Hi Friends:  Today's post is a rustic themed tag - created based on a Mood Board that I created. Please see below for photos, process, challenges, and supplies.  Have a super day!







My Mood Board for this tag:




Process:
I started with a blank manila tag and used embossing paste and a stripe stencil to create my wood-grain background.  Once dry, I used LSG sprays to color the background.  I colored a white doily with the Opal Sea Oats and layered it on the tag.  For a bit of interest, I used Jet Black ink and a script stamp randomly on the tag.  I colored some white and patterned flowers with the LSG sprays and arranged them over the doily.  From my mood board, in addition to the flowers and wood, I wanted to capture the lights, the metal chain on the lantern and some of the vines on the ladder.  I found a floral vine in my stash that had 2 elements I wanted to use - the wood-look vines and some plastic/glass-looking flowers and accents - I thought the flowers would look great hanging from the chain with the light bulb - they reminded me of little twinkle lights that you would hang outdoors.  So, I found some Tim Holtz chain tassels and light bulbs in my stash.  I separated the chains from the tassels, and the flowers from the vines, and used the little hooks to loop around the flowers and attach them to the chain.  I used a piece of silver wire to loop through the light bulb and attach it to the center of the piece of chain that I stapled to the top of the tag.  I stapled more pieces of the chain throughout the tag as shown.  I tucked a few more of the vines and leaves around the paper flowers on top of the doily.  I dry brushed the flowers with a bit of white gesso for highlights.  I added some microbeads to the flowers and areas around them.  I used Distress Black Soot ink to edge the tag and mixed some with water to create some ink splatters.  I colored some Crinkle Ribbon with the LSG sprays and tied it in a bow at the top of the tag.  The Chit Chat words were also colored with LSG sprays and edged with Black Soot, then added to the tag.  I really enjoyed creating this tag and think the mood board was a great inspiration for me!

Challenges Entered (Click on the Caption for the link):
Rustic
More Than Words Facebook Challenge



Supplies Used:
Manila Tag (SSS)
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil STRIPES (SSS)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology CRINKLE RIBBON (SSS)
Tim Holtz Chit Chat Stickers (SSS)
Ranger Archival Ink Pad JET BLACK (SSS)
Wendy Vecchi White Embossing Paste (SSS)
Prima Flowers MESSY Finnabair Clear Stamp (SSS)
Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays (SSS):  Mission Bells Brown, Cattail Copper Brown, Pretty in Pink Pink, Opal Sea Oats
Distress Ink - Black Soot (SSS)
Liquitex Gesso (Amazon)
Tim Holtz Chain Tassels and Light Bulbs
Recollections: Microbeads - Champagne, Floral Stem Embellishments, Flowers
Other:  White doily, silver wire

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.