Sunday, September 18, 2016

Princess Birthday Card

Hi Friends:  There is a new challenge today over at the Crafting When We Can Challenges Blog, where the current theme is Favorite Medium (pencils, pens, paint etc).

Please visit our fabulous sponsor this week, Star Stampz, to see all of their wonderful products!

My creation for this week is a Princess Birthday card.

I hope that you are inspired by my creation and will join us over at the CWWC blog to see the creations of the other design team members and enter for your chance to win a great prize from our sponsor.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great CRAFTY day!



Process:
I printed the digital image onto smooth white cardstock, then fussy-cut her and colored her with LSG Magicals and Sprays (one of my favorite mediums - you know how I love the sparkle!)  On a separate panel of watercolor paper, I used a flourish stencil and embossing paste to add a beautiful embossed image to the background.  Then I colored the background with the same LSG Magicals and Sprays. To create the card, I layered papers from the Prima Rondelle collection onto a blank A2 card.   I used a border punch to decorate the top of the mat panel. I cut my words using the dies and Slice cartridge, then added them to the image and the colored panel.  I added some ribbon and a princess crown charm to the watercolor panel and added it to the card.  The bow was made using the fork technique - I have a whole stash of them that my daughter made because she was fascinated with the technique.  I used some foam dots to pop the image up from the watercolor panel, then finished off with gems to dot the "i's" and add some more glimmer around the card.


Supplies Used:
O is for Owls digital image from Melonheadz
Spellbinders CELEBRATION In'spire Die (SSS)
Core'dination WHITE Smooth A2 Cards And Envelopes (SSS)
Lindy's Stamp Gang SWEET TREATS Magicals Set (SSS) & sprays: Blazing Sun, Burnished Brass, Dark Chocolate Truffle, Cotton Candy Pink, Milk Chocolate Brown, Creme Brulee Cream
HERO ARTS STENCIL LEAF & FLOURISH (SSS)
Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste WHITE (SSS)
Making Memories Slice Design Card Nursery Rhymes (Amazon)
PRISM smooth white cardstock
Martha Stewart border punch
Prima Rondelle 6X6 paper collection

Other:  gems, ribbon, charm, watercolor paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.