Thursday, September 22, 2016

Remember Moments Canvas

Hi Friends:  Today's post is a mixed media canvas of my daughter when she was about 5.  I love this picture and wanted to add it to a layout and decided that a canvas would be the perfect format.  Please see below for photos, process, and supplies.  Have a super day!







Process:
I started with a blank 8X10 canvas.  I used crackle paste and a stencil to add the hearts around the canvas.  Once dry, I added some Grungeboard swirls to the canvas and covered them with white gesso and let that dry.  I tucked some cheesecloth around the swirls for some added interest.  Next, I got out some of my favorite LSG sprays and colored the background with lots of shimmery color.  I grabbed several flowers from my stash, covered them with gesso so I could change the color, then sprayed them with the same LSG sprays.  The main flowers are topped with some shimmery foils.  I covered the Cabinet Card Frame with clear gesso, dried it, then colored it with the LSG Magicals and added the photo.  I used some spare cardboard to lift the picture on the canvas, then tucked the flowers in and around the frame.  For the wood title and heart, I used Versamark ink and embossed them with the LSG embossing powders to match the colors on the canvas, then glued them in place.  I added the charms, metals, jewelry pieces, brads, and other embellishments. To alter the color of the top jewelry piece, Philosophy Tag (Cherish), and the swirls, I rubbed them with silver Inka Gold and buffed the color to a nice shine.  The Grungeboard heart was painted with silver 3-D stamp paint and tucked between some flowers.  I colored the crinkle ribbon with the Blue Hawaiian Blue LSG spray, added another token, and glued it on top of the heart.  I added some metal mesh to the bottom left corner, then I was ready to add the seed beads around the swirls, the center flower, and the bottom corner, over the mesh.  For highlights on the flowers, instead of using gesso, I rubbed a bit of the inka gold on them.  This project was lots of fun - I love the shimmery sprays and seed beads!


Supplies Used:
Tim Holtz Idea-ology CABINET CARD FRAMES (SSS)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology TIMEPIECES (SSS)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology TYPED TOKENS (SSS)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology NATURE Adornments Metal Charms (SSS)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology PHILOSOPHY TAGS Hardware Metal Charm (SSS)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology CRINKLE RIBBON (SSS)
Versamark Ink (SSS)
Beacon 3 IN 1 ADVANCED CRAFT GLUE (SSS)
Lindy's Stamp Gang DRINK ME SILLY Magicals (SSS)Sprays (Amazon), and Embossing Powders (Amazon)
Grungeboard Elements (Amazon)
Viva Decor 3D Stamp Paint, Silver (Amazon)
Viva Decor SILVER Inka Gold (SSS)
Liquitex Gesso, Clear Gesso, and Super Heavy Gesso (Amazon)
Liquitex Matte Gel (Amazon)
Dress It Up Bright Foils
Making Memories Aluminum Metal Mesh
Recollections Mixed Media Hearts
Blue Moon Metal Pendants - Key
Heidi Swapp Hearts stencil
Other:  Seed beads, metal charms, ribbon, buttons, jewelry pieces, wooden words, cheesecloth, heat gun, brads

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.