Monday, September 19, 2016

CYP - Hello Girl Card

Hi Friends:  There is a new challenge today over at the Craft Your Passion Challenges blog, where the challenge is Always Anything Goes, and any handcrafted items are welcome.

Please visit our fabulous sponsor this week, Julia Spiri, to see all of their wonderful products!

My creation for this week is a card using the fabulous digital stamp called Little Girl with Hat.  I am still reluctant to let summer slip away, so I used some lovely summery papers and colors.

I hope that you are inspired by my creation and will join us over at the CYP blog to see the creations of the other design team members and enter for your chance to win a great prize from our sponsor.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great CRAFTY day!



Process:
I printed the image onto PRISM smooth white cardstock and colored her with my Copic markers, then cut the image into an oval using my Creative Memories cutting tools.  For the layers, I used the Sunsplashed papers on an A7 card base - all edges were inked with brown chalk ink.  The bottom layer was embossed with the Floral Garland embossing folder and I used the Carved Pumpkin ink pad to color the raised portions.  From the striped paper in the pack, I cut a scalloped oval to frame the focal image.  I used the floral garland die to cut the garland several times to layer directly over the scalloped oval frame, then glued the focal image to the frame, and layered it onto the card front with fun foam for dimension.  I used the same papers to cut several flowers using the Tiny Tattered Florals dies, rolled them with the included tool, then, for added fullness, layered them over some older Prima Got Flowers from my stash.  (You can always bring new life to some of these older supplies!)  I used some gems for the flower centers and layered them around the focal image.  I cut the "Hello" word from black cardstock and added it to the panel.  For a bit more interest, I added some used, frayed dryer sheet behind the scalloped oval, and finished with a bow at the bottom.

Supplies Used:
Julie Spiri digital stamp Little Girl with Hat
Tim Holtz Distress Mini Ink Pad CARVED PUMPKIN (SSS)
Tim Holtz Sizzix TINY TATTERED FLORALS Thinlits Dies (SSS)
Clearsnap ColorBox Fluid Chalk Cat's Eye Inkpad, Dark Brown (Amazon)
Impression Obsession Greeting Set die (Hello) (Amazon)
Spellbinders Grand Calibur Nestabilities Dies, Scalloped Ovals (Amazon)
Copic Markers (SSS):
  Skin/Lips/Eyes:  E000, E01, E11, R20, R85, B14, B18
  Hair:  Y11, Y21, E55
  Hat / Flowers:  R37, YR04, YR07, YR65, YR68, R35, R37, YG13, YG67
  Dress/Socks/Shoes:  R37, BG45, BG48, BG15, E57, E59
  Cat:  N2, N3, N6, 0
Clearsnap ColorBox Fluid Chalk Cat's Eye Inkpad, Dark Brown (Amazon)
We-R-Memory Keepers Sunsplashed designer paper pack
Prima Got Flowers
Floral Garland die from Quick Cards Made Easy
Anna Griffin embossing folder - Floral Garland
PRISM smooth white cardstock
A7 Card Base
Creative Memories oval cutting tools


Other:  ribbon, gems, used dryer sheet, black cardstock

2 comments:

  1. Lovely cheery card. Happy crafting DT sister! Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cheery card. Happy crafting DT sister! Catherine x

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.