Monday, August 22, 2016

Toby In Pot card

Hi Friends:  There is a new challenge today over at the Craft Your Passion Challenges blog, where the challenge is Always Anything Goes, and any handcrafted items are welcome.

Please visit our fabulous sponsor this week, Crafty Sentiments Designs, to see all of their wonderful products!

My creation for this week is a mixed media card using the Toby In Pot digital stamp.

I hope that you are inspired by my creation and will join us over at the CYP blog to see the creations of the other design team members and enter for your chance to win a great prize from our sponsor.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great CRAFTY day!

Full Card:





Detail Images:

   Close-up of Stencil/Embossed area with LSG Sprays:



   Close-up of Toby - I wanted him to look / feel more textured, so I used crazing medium:


    Close-up of flowers/butterfly/mushroom with the use of ultrafine glitter and Glossy Accents:




Process:
I printed the digital image onto PRISM white cardstock, and colored it with Copic Markers (see below).  I used colors to match the MME Stella & Rose papers that I selected for the background. I printed another image and colored the flowers & butterfly and fussy-cut them for accents.   I wanted more texture on the butterflies, mushroom and flowers, so I added Glossy Accents and ultra-fine glitter to them.  For Toby, I used colorless blender and a cloth to create some dimension, but decided that I wanted a bit more, so I painted the Distress Collage Crazing medium over him, then added Glossy Accents to his nose and eyes.  I used a die to cut the word "hi" into the panel, then backed it with black card-stock.  I machine stitched the image panel to the first patterned layer, then added the accent flowers and butterfly with foam dots.  I backed this layer with another patterned paper layer and distressed the edges with my Prima distress tool.  I have this Dylusions stencil that has flowers similar to the ones in the digital stamp, so I used the stencil and some modeling paste, colored with Rusty Hinge Distress Stain, to add some texture to the base layer of the card.  Then I sprayed the area with Lindy's Stamp Gang spray to add some additional color and shimmer, and distress the edges.  I used a Copic Marker to edge my card base, attached the embossed panel, then added the image panels with foam dots.  To finish, I colored a bit of Crinkle Ribbon with my Copic marker and attached it under the accent flowers.




Supplies Used:
Toby In Pot digital stamp by Crafty Sentiments Designs
PRISM white cardstock
Art-C modeling paste

   Flowers and butterflies:  BG13, BG15, BG18, BG45, BG49
   Grass / leaves:  G24, G94, YG03, YG63
   Ribbon:  BG49
   Toby:  E11, E31, E33, E34, E37, R20, R81
   Pot and mushroom:  YR02, YR04, YR07, YR69, Y38, R08, R14
   Shading:  N2, N3

Other items from my stash:  ultra-fine clear glitter, foam dots, black card-stock, white card base.


1 comment:

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.