Monday, August 8, 2016

CYP - Charlie's Flower

Hi Friends:  There is a new challenge today over at the Craft Your Passion Challenges blog, where the challenge is Always Anything Goes, and any handcrafted items are welcome.

Please visit our fabulous sponsor this week, Lacy Sunshine Stamps, to see all of their wonderful products!

My creation for this week is a card using the Charlie's Flower image.  See images, design process, and supplies used, below.

I hope that you are inspired by my creation and will join us over at the CYP blog to see the creations of the other design team members and enter for your chance to win a great prize from our sponsor.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great CRAFTY day!

Full Card:



 Detail to show the shimmer and Glossy Accents / glitter:




Process:
I printed the digi image onto PRISM white cardstock and colored her with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol.  To add a bit of fairy dust, I added some shimmer to the flower, her hair, shoes, and dress using my clear Wink of Stella pen, then used Glossy Accents and glitter on her wings.  I added gemstones to the center of the flowers.  I cut the image out using a Nestabilities die, colored the edges with Distress Wild Honey, then backed her with fun foam.  I covered a 5 X 6.5 card base with MME - Tangerine papers - the top/bottom portions of paper were embossed with a floral embossing folder, then inked with Wild Honey to enhance the raised portions.  The edges were inked with Wild Honey.  I fussy cut a border for each side of the middle section and glued it to the card front, then added the image panel to the center.  I cut and distress the sunshine sentiment from the MME papers, then added them to the bottom of the card using foam dots.  I added a small layered butterfly to the bottom corner of the image.  To finish of the ethereal fairy effect, I added some feathers colored with Distress Ripe Persimmon ink, and some more of my favorite recycled dryer sheets.



Supplies Used:
Lacy Sunshine - Charlie's Flower digi stamp
PRISM white cardstock
Marcella Dimensional Stickers
MME The Sweetest Thing - Tangerine 6X6 paper pad

Other items from my stash:  feathers, gems, Sizzix floral embossing folder, dryer sheet

1 comment:

  1. Just love the zingy,sunshine colours,Patti.Such wonderful textures.Beautifully tactile card :)
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.