Sunday, August 7, 2016

Celebrate Journal Page

Hi Friends:  Today's post is a journal page.  I tried a new technique, and though I'm not crazy about the page, it's a learning experience, so I'm sharing it anyway. (I think I will try the technique/process with a different theme - I definitely can't draw, so maybe try with just circles / random shapes, instead).  Thanks for taking a look and have a great weekend!




Process:  I attempted the journal technique by DeeDee Catron that I watched on You Tube (link here), but with a celebration theme.  So, I started with a blank page in my journal and layered the blue, green, yellow, and red colors of the DR acrylic inks on my page, drying each color in between layers.  I used a pencil to sketch in my balloons, then used my Big Brush pen to outline them before applying white gesso around the entire page, leaving most of the balloons to show through.  Since I don't have all the supplies that she used, I used the DR black acrylic ink and a thin-line brush to paint around my balloons, add the strings, doodle around the edges, and journal the celebration words. I wanted a bit of shimmer on  my balloons, so I added some LSG Glitz Spritz to them.  I used a wash of the blue acrylic ink and gesso to color the alpha tiles to make them a closer match to the page.  Once dry, I added the rub-on letters to the tiles.  I finished off the page with a celebration cake charm and some ink splatters.


Challenges Entered:
Celebrate














Products Used:
Daler Rowney Liquid Artists Acrylic Ink (Amazon)
Faber-Castel PITT Artist Big Brush Pen, Black (Amazon)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology ALPHA TILES (SSS)
Lindy's Stamp Gang BRUSHED NICKEL Glitz Spritz (SSS)
Liquitex Gesso
Making Memories rub-on letters and charm
pencil






No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.