Saturday, July 30, 2016

Have Fun tag

Hi Friends:  Today's creation is another tag - Have Fun.  It really was lots of fun to create.



Process:
I started with a plain manila tag and covered it with washi tape.  I covered with a layer of gesso, then added molding paste with a spatula and the Prima texture brushes to create lots of texture.  Once dry, I dripped the acrylic inks onto the tag, added a spray of water & let them drip and move along the tag. When dry, I added a bit more gesso, then stamped "Good Times" into the whiter area.  To create more visual interest, I stamped the word stamp around the tag, then covered the tag with strips of Tissue Wrap using gel medium. I added some LSG spray in Screamin Banshee Black and let it drip and move around the tissue wrap strips.  I stamped the bicycle and balloon stamps onto white cardstock, fussy-cut them, then colored them with the same acrylic inks.  When dry, I covered the stamped images with Liquid Embossing gel then glued the images to the tag.  I colored some Alpha Tiles with the blue ink, then used rub-ons to spell the word "fun", and added them to the tag.  To finish, I added some dew drops, some LSG ink and gesso splatters, then edged the words and tag with Black Soot Distress Crayon, and topped the tag with a few strands of fibers from my stash.


Challenges Entered:
Add Some Texture
Anything Goes
More Than Words Facebook Challenge

Products Used:
Lindy's Stamp Gang spray (SSS) in Screamin Banshee Black
Hampton Art - 7 Gypsies stamps - bicycle + words + "Good Times"
Making Memories rub-ons - Destination
All Night Media Liquid Embossing - Antique Glass Finish
The Robin's Nest Dew Drops

Other Items from my stash: manila tag, fibers, matte gel medium, gesso, Art-C white molding paste, washi tape

3 comments:

  1. Awesome textures and striking color combo! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun layers and texture! I love all of the fibers on the top of the tag too, super fun. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is bright and beautiful and truly a fun and inspiring tag! Biggest congrats on your SSS spotlight! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.