Sunday, July 31, 2016

Birthday Cake Card

Hi Friends:  Today's creations are all about cards being created for a donation to my church.  Here's the birthday cake card.  Hope you enjoy it - see below for process, challenges, and products used. Thanks for taking a peek!  Happy Sunday!



Process:
I started with an A2 white card base.  I trimmed 2 panels from the This and That Epic Day DSP papers to 2.5 X 5.5, and embossed one of the panels.  I used the Basic Gray ink pad to edge the pieces and highlight the raised portions of the embossed panel, then adhered them to the card front.  On a separate piece of white card-stock, I stamped the birthday tag in 3 colors of Stampin' Up! ink:  Smoky Slate, Calypso Coral, and Pool Party.  Then I punched the images using the tag punch, edged them with Basic Gray, then added them to the top panel using craft fun foam.  I added the Pool Party ribbon to over the seem of the 2 panels, then added silver brads to each end of the ribbon. On black card-stock, I stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink, then added white embossing powder and heat set it.  I cut the sentiment using the Stampin' Up! Bitty Banners framelits die and added it to the card front.  To finish, I added some gems to the candle flames, and Wink of Stella clear glitter to the birthday cakes.


Challenge Entered (click on caption for link):
SR#340



Products Used:
Wink of Stella clear pen (SSS)
Versamark Ink Pad (SSS)
Core'dinations A2 Card base (SSS)
Stampin' Up! Products - some are retired:  Happiest Birthday Wishes and Express Yourself stamp sets; This and That Epic Day DSP; Ink Pads:  Basic Gray, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Smoky Slate; Bitty Banners framelits die; Pool Party ruffled ribbon; Small Tag punch
Making Memories Black Ink Pad
White embossing powder and heat gun
White and black card-stock
Silver brads, gems
We R Memory Keepers Embossing Folder

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.