Sunday, July 24, 2016

Beautiful Destination Tag

Hi Friends:  Today's creation is a beach scene tag:



Process:
To create the tag, I used the 2 techniques in the Tim Holtz Tags - July Remix.  I stamped the beach scene using the Lawn Fun Life Is Good stamp set onto water-color paper using Jet Black Archival Ink. I water-colored the lighthouse and waves with Distress Inks, then added some white caps using my White Signo pen.  I don't have the distress micro glaze, so I used Glossy Accents to cover the lighthouse, gulls, and whitecaps to create the resist.  I used some Texture Sand Paste colored with Distress Inks/Stains to create the sand on the beach.  Then I used more Distress Inks to water color the full panel (except the sand), using the watercolor resist technique.  I used the Adventure Thinlits to create my titles, using the Layered Words technique.  I colored my base tag with Distress Stains to accent / coordinate with the beach colors.  I cut the word "beautiful" out of the tag, then layered back in the negative spaces in the letters.  I cut the word "destination" from black cardstock.  I used my craft knife and design ruler to cut the tag to create the slits in the tag, then carefully slid the watercolor panel through the slits. (Tim was right - it took some care to slide it through and not snag anything.  lol.)  I adhered the "destination" word to the bottom of the tag, added some Industrious border stickers, and edged the tag with Distress Ink.  I colored some crinkle ribbon with Distress Stains, then threaded them through a palm tree charm and added them to the tag.  To finish, I found some small sea-shells in my stash, and added them to the beach/sand.  Then I masked the scene off a bit and sprayed a bit of Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls Mists into the sky area to give a bit of sparkly sunlight.  This was really fun!  Note:  I tried to do my words like the one's in Tim's tag - with the word "destination" cut from the tag, but it was too long & cut my tag in half, so I had to start over with the words as shown.  LOL.  Now I need to figure out how to use the cut-up tag for something else!  :-)

Thanks for taking a peek!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!


Challenges Entered:
Nautical/By the Sea
Tim Holtz 12 Tags - July Remix














Products Used:
Tim Holtz Idea-ology GALLERY Industrious Stickers (SSS)
Tim Holtz Sizzix ADVENTURE WORDS SCRIPT Thinlits (SSS)
Lawn Fawn LIFE IS GOOD Clear Stamps (SSS)
Distress Stains (SSS):  Stormy Sky, Walnut Stain, Old Paper
Distress Inks (SSS):  Candied Apple, Scattered Straw, Old Paper, Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire, Broken China, Tea Dye, Antique Linen
Ranger Inkssentials GLOSSY ACCENTS (SSS)
Uni-Ball Pen Signo Gel WHITE  (SSS)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology 75 JUMP RINGS Hardware (SSS)
Ranger Archival Ink Pad JET BLACK (SSS)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology CRINKLE RIBBON (SSS)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology DESIGN RULER (SSS)
Tim Holtz Tonic CRAFT KNIFE (SSS)
Ranger 2-Ounce Perfect Pearls Mists, Heirloom Gold (Amazon)
Deco Art Media Texture Sand Paste (Amazon)

Other Items from my stash:  charm, shells, paint brushes

1 comment:

  1. This is such a lovely tag, full of colour and a great interpretation of Tim's version! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.