Friday, July 8, 2016

Anniversary Gift Canvas

Hi Friends:  This week's creation is a first anniversary gift for my daughter.



I used the same basic photo as my layout a week or so ago (it's one of her favorites), but put it on a mixed media canvas.  I started with embossing paste & 3 stencils to add texture  / interest to the background.  For the LOVE and YOU AND ME stencil, I mixed the embossing paste with a bit of 3-D Stamp Paint so that I could get the exact color I wanted.  Once dry, I added a bit of cheesecloth before spraying the background with my LSG and other sprays.  I backed the photo with some MME papers from my stash and popped it up from the background with some cardboard.  I colored the lace and flowers with the same LSG sprays, and added blue beads to the center of the bottle cap.  All of the charms attached to the bottle cap and on the canvas represent things of meaning to the couple:  a cross and winged heart for their faith, a key and lock for their love and commitment, and musical notes and a sun for their participation in a college a capella group.  (I added some things that represented them individually, too - the "Magic" cards for his love of that game, and the butterfly because Jenny loves them.)  I added some word bands representing love, arranged the embellishments, then finished the canvas off with some lovely seed beads.  Thanks for taking a look.  Have a great weekend!

Challenges entered:
Red, White, &/Or Blue  (I chose Blue!)
Photo Inspiration (I used the colors!)














Products used:
Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste WHITE (SSS)
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil VALENTINE (SSS)
The Crafter's Work MINI ART IS 6 x 6 Template (SSS)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Metal WORD BANDS (SSS)

Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays (SSS) in Blazing Sun, TiffanyLou Blue, Opal Sea Oats
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists sprays (Amazon) in Denim Blue and Bubbles
Ranger TCW-TIM-29694 Tim Holtz Adirondack Color Wash Dye Spray, Sailboat Blue (Amazon)
Ranger 2-Ounce Perfect Pearls Mists, Blue Smoke (Amazon)
Viva Decor 119390836 3D Stamp Paint, Light Blue (Amazon)
Iceberg Paper Blooms By KaiserCraft (ACOT)
Tim Holtz metal words and chain tassels
Prima Flowers
Momenta Wood embellishments

Other items from my stash:  canvas, lace, beads, charms, flowers, cheesecloth




2 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous creation, I am sure your daughter will love it. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous ! Love your design
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge !

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.