Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Father's Day Card

Hi Friends:  It's time for Father's Day cards again!  My card was created for 2 challenges - Father's Day and One Layer Cards, so it's a single layer (always a challenge for me!)  I stamped the below Stampin' Up! stamps and inks, and embossed them with a clear glitter embossing powder on Very Vanilla cardstock.  Then I applied some CM Iridescent texture paste through the Tim Holtz Dot Fades layering stencil.  I used Distress Inks to color parts of the background.  I stamped the sentiment onto a strip of cream cardstock with Versamark ink, embossed it with the clear embossing powder, then colored it with Distress Ink and stapled it to the card.  I finished it off with jute colored with Distress Stain.  Thanks for taking a peek!  Have a great day!


Challenges Entered:
Father's Day / For a Guy
World Traveler














Products Used:
Distress Inks / Stains (SSS) in Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire, and Faded Jeans
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil DOT FADE (SSS)
Tsukineko IRIDESCENT BLUE CREATIVE MEDIUM Texture Paste (SSS)
Tsukineko Versamark EMBOSS INK PAD (SSS)
Stampin' Up! Products:  Stamps:  Rev Up the Fun!, Sentimental Journey, Traveler and a father's day stamp; Inks:  Not Quite Navy, Island Indigo, Night of Navy, Midnight Muse; Very Vanilla Cardstock

Other items from my stash:  clear glitter embossing powder, jute

2 comments:

  1. this is a great guy card! I love the vintage feel :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti this is a wonderful masculine design and I adore the transport theme.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.