Saturday, May 7, 2016

Mixed Media Canvas - Love

Hi Friends!  Happy Friday!  Today's creation is a mixed media canvas wedding gift, so the colors match the happy couple's decor.  I layered some paper scraps from the Prima Stationer's Desk collection on the canvas with gel medium.  Before coloring with Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays (colors listed below),  I used texture paste and crackle paste with some of my favorite stencils, then added the Trellis frameworks and Flourish dies cut from Grungeboard.  I also added some cheesecloth to the canvas before spraying. My photo really doesn't capture the beauty of the LSG sprays - I just love their glimmery shine!  I shaped some strands of silver wire into a heart shape to frame the couple.  I used the same Prima papers to mat the photo and, behind it, I added some lace and ribbon colored with some of the same LSG sprays. I cut the Love movers and shapers die from Grungeboard and ran it through my Big Shot several times to cut the scalloped oval frame for it.  It is colored with a base of Carmine Red 3-D Stamp Paint, then I adjusted the color to match by painting with the same LSG sprays.  I added a bottle cap jewelry piece filled with beads and an attached key charm, other charms, and several flowers from my Prima stash.  I used some washers and nuts from my metal stash and colored them with Vintaj patinas.  There are beads sprinkled throughout the Trellis framework and the flourish.  This project was tons of fun!  Thanks for taking a look.



Area Details:



Challenges Entered:


Home Decor
Stencil It
Butterflies And Blooms
Challenge 310



























Products Used:
Tim Holtz Sizzix TRELLIS Frameworks Die (SSS)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology GRUNGEBOARD (SSS)
Prima Stationer's Desk papers (Amazon)
Viva Decor 3-D Stamp Paint - Carmine Red (Amazon)
The Crafter's Workshop MINI ART IS (SSS)
Darice Bottle Caps (Amazon)
Ranger VPKR-34803 Vintaj Patina Rusted Hardware Kit (Amazon)
Tim Holtz Sizzix Die ELEGANT FLOURISHES Bigz (SSS)
Clear Scraps Stencils 6 X6 - Quarterfoil (Overstock)
Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays (SSS) in Opal Sea Oats, Burnished Brass, Steampunk Sepia, Golden Dubloons, Autumn Maple Crimson, Red Hot Poker Orange, Burnt Umber, and Blazing Sun
Petaloo - Textured Elements Collection - Floral Embellishments - Assorted Blossoms - Red (Scrapbook.com)


Other products from my stash:  Prima flowers, metal charms and washers/nuts, ribbon,
lace, wood flourish, seed beads.

3 comments:

  1. This canvas is made with LOVE!! The stenciled background and details really enhance the overall design. Brilliant wedding gift, Patti! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Stencil It” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome canvas! What a wonderful collection of love elements for your gift, Patti! Loving all the wonderful layers around the photo. So glad you joined in our home decor challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! Hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your canvas! I keep looking at your picture and seeing different details! Wonderful! Thank you for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.