Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Be True Tag

Hi all:  Today's creation is a tag called Be True to You.  I started with a manila tag & added some tissue tape to create the tissue tape resist.  I stamped the Face with Flowers Collage stamp with Jet Black Archival ink over the tissue tape.  The Chitchat stickers, tag and ticket are edged with Walnut Stain Distress Crayon.  Next, I colored the tag, ribbon,Chitchat stickers, ticket, and lace with distress stains and water.  I embossed the dots and the words using stencils with CM Metallic Bronze paste.  I added the chit chat stickers, them sprinkled the tag with some drops of the Antiqued Bronze Distress Spray Stain.   I sewed the lace to the bottom of the tag, then added some accent stitching around the stamped face.  I tied the ribbon, then added the ticket and charm to the tag with the Memo Pin.  I die cut the Tiny Tattered Florals flowers from Prima papers, rolled and shaped them, then colored them with the same Distress stains.  I added clear seed beads to the flower centers, then attached them to the tag.  I wanted them to look more like glass flowers, so I covered them with Distress Paper Mosaic Glaze medium.  I also wanted the stamped face to look a bit more aged, so I covered it with Distress Collage Crazing medium - you can't really see it in the photos, but it looks nice in person.  Thanks for taking a peek!




Detail Aeas:





Challenges Entered:
Emboss It!
Shine!
Challenge 311














Tim Holtz May Tag











Products Used:
Distress Stain (SSS) in Faded Jeans and Broken China
Distress Spray Stain (SSS) in Antiqued Bronze
Tim Holtz Idea-ology MEMO PINS (SSS)
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Crayon WALNUT STAIN (SSS)
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil VALENTINE (SSS)
Tim Holtz Tissue Tape (SSS)
Tim Holtz Sizzix TINY TATTERED FLORALS (SSS)
Tim Holtz Distress PAPER MOSAIC KIT (SSS)
Tim Holtz Distress Collage Medium CRAZING (SSS)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology CHITCHAT STICKERS (SSS)
Ranger Archival Ink Pad JET BLACK (SSS)
Tim Holtz Crinkle Ribbon
TSUKINEKO CREATIVE MEDIUM, METALLIC BRONZE (Hutson)
Ditto Cardmaking Stencil (dots)
LaBlanche Face with Flower Collage stamp
Tim Holtz Adage Tickets

Other Items:  Lace, charms, seed beads

3 comments:

  1. Amazing tag! The background is so stunning, it has so much dimension and the flowers are really pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tag you have created for the month of May....There is sooo much to look at! It turned out really BEAUTIFUL! I am in LOVE with this tag! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is absolutely stunning! Love all the gorgeous details. Thank you so much for joining us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge, hope to see you again next month!

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.