Saturday, April 30, 2016

Time is Key Tag

Hi Friends:  Today's creation is a mixed-media tag.  I loved creating this tag - it was loads of fun (and a good way to spend my time!)  I prepped the tag with a thin layer of gesso.  Next, I used CM Iridescent Blue texture paste with the Clockwork stencil on the corners of the tag for a bit of dimension.  Once dry, I colored the tag with various colors of Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays (see list, below).  I let the darker sprays color the areas around the paste.  After drying, I cut a small piece of thin metal & embossed it with an embossing folder.  I colored the metal with Ginger and Copper alcohol inks, cut it into strips, and stapled it to the tag.  I colored some jute string with a brown marker and wrapped it on my tag, with the various charms added to represent time, keys, and life (the little bird).  I used Chit Chat stickers for the sentiment - since I couldn't find the word "key", I printed it on Kraft cardstock & cut it down to size - all of the words are inked with Distress Black Soot ink.  To finish, I edged the tag with Black Soot and tied on some fibers from my stash.  Thanks for taking a look.  Have a great day!

Full tag:


Details of corners and charms:








Challenges Entered:
Show Us Your Metal
Anything Goes














Dimension















Craft Your Passion Challenge

Products Used:
Distress Ink in Black Soot (SSS)
Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays (SSS) in Tiffany Lou Blue, Shabby Turbine Teal, Cattail Copper Brown, and Time Travel Teal
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil CLOCKWORK (SSS)
Tsukineko IRIDESCENT BLUE CREATIVE MEDIUM Texture Paste (SSS)
Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink GINGER (SSS)
Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink COPPER Metallic Mixative (SSS)
Other:  Stuff from my stash:  charms, fibers, jute, brown marker

5 comments:

  1. Wow! This tag is really remarkable! I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it and I was really blown away by all the clever details you included. For starters, that background is magical! It really looks like some incredible night sky or a mythical horizon of some sort. And the sprays and metals and criss-crossed fibers combine into a striking piece of art. I have to admit to just sitting here STARING at your awesome pics, so thank you for such vivid inspiration! I love what you did here and am so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fabulous mixed media tag :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic tag. Love all the texture. Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine ( DT ) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tag is fantastic!! I love the wonderful and very interesting textures and all the great details. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! I also wanted to let you know that you are the lucky winner of our gift voucher this week. Please send us an email, the address is in the sidebar of the blog, so that we can explain how to get your voucher. / Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool!!! Wow! Love the color and use of metal with ink. Awesome tag! Congrats on your win at Simon says stamp!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.