Monday, April 18, 2016

Rain Flowers

Hi Friends:  Today's birthday card is another watercolor using Rubbernecker stamps.  I stamped the image with black archival ink on watercolor paper, then embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I water-colored the image & background with Distress Inks.  I used my paint brush to add some splatter raindrops.  The Crinkle Ribbon and sentiment are dyed with the same Distress Inks as the flowers.  The sentiment has a bit of bling from a clear Stardust pen. The background papers are inked with some Distress Inks to blend the colors more with the flowers. The flowers are topped off with Glossy Accents and a touch of glitter.  The charm was altered with Slate Alcohol Ink to better match the colors and is attached with linen thread.  I hope my friend will be happy when she received it in the mail.  Thanks for taking a peek.  Happy Sunday!


Challenges Entered:


April Showers Bring May Flowers














Products Used:

Distress Inks in Forest Moss, Mowed Lawn, Candied Apple, Ripe Persimmon, and Weathered Wood
Other:  Birthday die, charm, Stampin' Up! Linen Thread, border punch


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.