Monday, April 4, 2016

Floral Birthday Wishes

Hi Friends:  It's a cold Monday here today.  So, off to my craft room for a bit of fun - I can make it sunny in my crafts, even if it's blustery outside!  Today's card is for a friend's birthday that is coming up.  I wanted to play with my watercolors, so I colored my background on watercolor paper, then stamped some flowers and added some watercolors to them as well.  I also wanted to use some of my glitters, Mica flakes and embossing powders, so I used the Encrusted Jewel technique at the base of my flowers.  The flowers were covered with Glossy Accents with a hint of fine glitter.  The edges of the base card were colored with Distress Inks, then the card was finished off with the birthday sentiment, a few gems in the flower centers, and a quick bow using baker's twine.  I think she'll like it.  Have a great day & thanks for visiting.


Challenges Entered:

SSS - Anything Goes Challenge














Products Used:

Distress Inks in Evergreen Bough

Other misc. stuff from my stash: gems, baker's twine, tools like tweezers, paint brushes and die cutting machine, etc.

2 comments:

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.