Friday, April 8, 2016

Fish Tales

Hi Friends:  Today's project is a Fishy birthday card, using resist techniques and crackle mediums.  I challenged myself to make a one-layer card, since I don't do that very often.  I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink to stamp the image directly onto my base card layer.  I also stamped a mask for the fish, then used glaze with the Bokeh Lights stencil to create the bubbles.  Once dry, I blended the background with Distress Inks to show the resist.  To add some more resist, I sprinkled some water over top of the ink to create the smaller resist bubbles.  When everything was dry, it was time to color the fish.  I used Pearlescent watercolors to paint the fish, then added Distress crazing medium and crackle paint to create the fish scales.  Love the way it turned out.  The card is finished with some clear sequin bubbles, and a sentiment stamped onto a tattered banners die cut that has been colored with the same distress inks, and covered with glaze medium to make it shine.  Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great Friday!


Here's a close-up of the fish, so that you can see the crackle medium for the scales -doesn't he look great?


Challenges Entered:

SSS Monday Challenge - Try to Resist












Products Used:

Distress Inks in Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon, Evergreen Bough
Other items from my stash:  sequins, LaBlanche Goldfish Royalty stamp, Stampendous Sushi's Favorite Words stamp


6 comments:

  1. Such a cute little project and I love the texture you've captured on the fish, it looks amazing! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, loving the effect on the goldfish. Not sure if I could manage a single layered card. Thanks for joining us at Pennys Paper Crafty Challenge. Jean DT Member. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is this! So unique - love all the bubbles, too! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great technique!! I really love the texture you created!

    Thank you so much for joining the fun at STB!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you gave us a up close view of that fabulous fish! Love your card and that background too! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the fish and fabulous background. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.