Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Dance!

Hi Friends:  What a gorgeous day today - I am so ready for all this sun!  Today's creation is an art journal page.  I used the Tim Holtz Dot Fade Layering Stencil with embossing paste to randomly add dots to the page.  I added some tissue tape, then colored the pages with several colors of Lindy Stamp Gang Starburst sprays, heat setting between colors.  I finished off some white areas with Iced Chai Gelato.  I stenciled random words with my Art Is stencil using Vintage Photo Distress Ink, then stamped my sentiment, butterfly and dancer images with Jet Black Archival ink.   The sentiment and butterflies were a bit too bold, so I dry brushed them with a bit of gesso and added a bit of Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls over the top.  The dancers dresses and the butterflies were painted with 3-D Stamp Paints - the colors in the photo didn't come out as well as I'd like - they are very vibrant in person.  I also randomly painted the same paint colors over the dots in the background.  The dancers and butterflies were outlined with white pen, and the pages were rimmed with black.  "Dance" was created from my very old stash of rub-ons.  Thanks for taking a peek.  Enjoy the sunshine!








Challenges Entered:

Let's Do the Polka!
Beautiful Butterflies












Products Used:

Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays in Azure Sea Asters, Time Travel Teal, Shabby Turbine Teal, and Opal Sea Oats
Pitt Big Brush Pens in White and Black
Viva Decor 3-D Stamp Paint in Gold, Light Blue Metallic, and Rose (Amazon)
Graphic 45 Vintage Ladies stamp set
Making Memories Evolution Rub-ons




2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful layout! LOVE the colours and the textural polka dots. Thanks for joining in the Let's Polka challenge at Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pages are fabuolous! your color combo is absoltely stunning and I love addition of texture! thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.