Sunday, March 6, 2016

Wedding Mixed Media Canvas

Hi Friends:  Here is my mixed media canvas for my dad's wedding.  It will be a gift to them.  I started with a plain white 8x10 canvas.  After adding some stenciled items with texture paste, I added lots of flowers, lace, metal, grungeboard diecuts, and other stuff.  You'll see several bottle caps that were altered with paints or alcohol inks, with buttons, beads, and glitter added.  After the main pieces were added & covered with gesso, I added lots of spray inks to get the colors I wanted - the teal/turquoise colors are the colors they have in their home.  I added some little things to represent the couple - the little teapot (they love to have their tea) and the angel (representing their faith).  This project was tones of fun!  I hope they like it.  Thanks for taking a peak.




Challenge entered:
My leap included the use of the texture paste, bottle caps, & the creation of my first mixed media canvas as a gift.
Take a Leap Into the Unknown
















Supplies Used:
In addition to lots of buttons, tulle, lace, flowers, metal jewelry, and other stuff from my stash, here are some of the supplies that I used in this project:
SSS
SSS 

SSS 
SSS
SSS
SSS
AZ
SSS
AZ
AZ
AZ
SSS
SSS
SSS
Scrapbook.com

SSS
SSS
I also used Perfect Pearls Mist in Heirloom gold & Turquoise.

AZ















I used Glimmer Mists in Tattered Leather, Sea Glass, Turquoise Blue, and Bronze (Most available at Amazon).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.