Sunday, March 20, 2016

Art Journal - Counting My Lucky Stars

Hi Friends:  Yea! It's Spring!  Here's a new Art Journal page - Counting My Lucky Stars.  After using gel medium with the Cargo stencil to create a bit of resist in the background, I used various colors of Gelatos and Distress Crayons to color the background.  I added more stenciling using Glass Bead Glitter Gel.  I stamped throughout with a couple of different star stamps & used some numbered tissue tapes, too.  It looks better in person than in the pictures, and I had lots of fun with it.  I used some older dimensional star stickers with words on them that represent my "lucky star" blessings, and I added some of my own blessings words to the stamped stars - like wish, dreams, love, family.  See below for challenges & products list.  Thanks for taking a look.





Challenges:  

This is entered in the following challenge:
SSS Monday Challenge: Use Some Lucky Stars













Products Used:

Gelatos in Green Tea, Iced Pear, Pistachio, Lime, Metallic Melon, Lavender
Distress Crayons in Twisted Citron, Black Soot, Picket Fence




3 comments:

  1. Fabulous journal page Patti, I enlarged to have a closer look, all the details on this are absolutely gorgeous! LOVE it :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s maybe you could post your pics larger so that we can see just how beautiful your creations are?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous art journal, love all the stunning details. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.