Tuesday, February 16, 2016

SSS Wednesday Challenge Blog - One Layer - Celebrate



This SSS challenge is a good one for me - One Layer - it's not something I would normally do.  But I thought I could give it a try.  Since I never seem to have enough masculine birthday cards, I thought I would create a simple masculine card, using a technique I've never tried.  I covered a kraft card base with Distress Walnut Stain ink, then misted water over the Tim Holtz Stripes stencil to create a grungy striped background.  Over that layer, I used the Tim Holtz Traveler stencil to randomly stamp words using Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.  To create a bit more dimension, I used Glass Bead Glitter Gel colored with Chipped Sapphire over a handmade stencil using the Tim Holtz Mixed Media die.  The front is finished with the word celebrate from the Tim Holtz Celebration words die - cut from a kraft paper mounted with craft foam.  Thanks for taking a look.







Products Used:
SSS
SSS
SSS
SSS
SSS
SSS
SSS
SSS
SSS

1 comment:

  1. The glittery diamond shapes are such a nice addition to your neutral card, Patti! So glad you played with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.