Sunday, February 14, 2016

SSS Monday Challenge - Spray Ink Valentine's Day Card


Happy Valentine's Day!  This week's SSS Monday Challenge was to use Spray Inks.  Since I hadn't yet made my valentine card for my daughter, I thought this would be a good challenge for it.  Her favorite colors are blue and purple, so I selected some Amethyst cardstock and some Moonlight Glimmer Mist.  I used the spray in 4 ways:  the cardstock background was embossed with an embossing folder sprayed with Glimmer Mist so that the colors pooled in the recessed areas;  I created a mask with a heart die and sprayed the white cardstock so that the heart would remain white;  the ribbon was sprayed with the Mist, and the white heart decal was also sprayed - since the decal is a more plastic-type material, the colors just pooled on the heart to give it a splash of color.  The background pieces were die cut with stitched rectangle dies and attached to a white card base.  The heart panel is mounted with craft foam, and the card is finished with a heart charm tied with a bow using white crochet thread.  The inside uses the heart mask and the valentine's sentiment from the SSS Paper Hug stamp set.  The colors and shimmer are much nicer in person - I think she'll love it.  Thanks for taking a peek.



Products Used:
Paper Wishes
SSS
SSS

SSS

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card. Love the greyish purple. Really amazing. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.