Friday, February 5, 2016

SSS Monday Challenge - Ray of Sunshine - {SUN} Flowers


For the current SSS Monday Challenge Blog - Ray of Sunshine, I decided to do another art journal page titled {SUN} Flowers.  After using white gesso, the back-ground has been colored with various shades of Gelatos, blended using baby wipes.  I also sprayed a layer with water and allowed the colors to drip across the page.  I used some napkin collage to add the flowers at the bottom, adhered with matte medium and sprinkled with ultra-fine glitter.  For the sun's rays, I used the Tim Holtz Rays stencil with embossing paste that was colored with a mixture of yellow/orange Gelatos colors.  I added a sprinkling of Birds using a Tim Holtz stamp, then added some phrases from Remnant Rubs.  I stamped a title, and a phrase from a Wendy Vecchi Art Colors Life stamp set.  It's finished with a cute butterfly charm mixed in with the flowers.  Thanks for looking.  Have a great day!




SSS Products Used:
Faber-Castell 34 PIECE GELATOS GIFT SET  (Sample SSS item selected - multiple colors used - see gelatos snapshot, below)



1 comment:

  1. Your page is a wonderful expression of this week's theme. Clever to use paper napkins--it truly looks like a field of sunflowers. Such a happy place!

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.