Monday, February 29, 2016

Glaze Resist Card

Hi friends.  Today's creation is a birthday card for a good friend.  I tried a new technique with Glaze resist and Distress Inks.  I used the Faber Castell glaze over the Memory Box butterfly stencil to create the resist.  Then I used 3 colors of Distress Inks to color the background.  I added some Perfect Pearls mist to add a bit of glimmer.  For the sentiment, I stamped Birthday on a strip of white cardstock with Versamark ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder, then colored the strip with the same ink colors as the background.  I diecut the word Happy and attached it to the top of the strip.  The butterfly vine was cut with an SSS die, colored with Distress Ink, glazed a bit with Versamark + Kaleidoscope embossing powder, then attached to the card front, with the sentiment on top.  The 2 small butterflies are from the same die, I just left them white.  The entire panel was attached to a white card base with craft foam.  I hope she'll like it.  Thanks for taking a look.  Have a great Leap Day!




Challenges Entered:

Anything Goes Challenge

Leap Into The Unknown













Supplies Used:

SSS

SSS
SSS

SSS
SSS
Impression Obsession
AZ
SSS

3 comments:

  1. Just awesome! LOVE the resist background. Thanks for joining in Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge :)
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, the butterflies are amazing. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your friend will love much this card!Love the contrast of color and the touch of white is perfect! Thanks for sharing your work this week on Simon SaysMonda Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.