Sunday, February 28, 2016

Art Journal Page - Inspired by a Song

Hi friends.  Today's art journal page is inspired by a song from one of my favorite Christian artists, Francesca Battistelli.  The song is "Free to be Me", and part of the chorus has the lyrics "...Got a couple rips in my jeans..."  I have this old pair of jeans that were my daughter's, and I love the butterfly accents and gems on them.  I have always wanted to use them on a craft project & this seemed like the perfect opportunity.  The art journal is prepped with gesso, then layered with Viva Decor 3-D Stamp Paint in the colors inspired by the decorations on the jeans:  Rose, Light Blue, and Gold.  I used the Tim Holtz mixed media die to cut stencils and used both embossing paste and glass bead glitter gel, colored with the same paints, to stencil the decorations randomly on the background.  I randomly stamped some floral designs in the background using both gesso and Memento Summer Sky ink.  I cut the smaller of the butterflies from the jeans and glued it to the background with Glossy Accents.  I cut the butterfly tail and the flower pieces from the gem portions of the jeans and attached them with Glossy Accents, as well.  I made sure to tear the floral pieces to have a bit of "rips in my jeans".  I stamped the Become stamp using Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  The title tiles were colored with a wash using the rose stamp paint, and I added the "Embrace Imperfection" words - to reflect another part of the lyrics - "But perfection is my enemy".  Thanks for taking a peek.  Have a great day!





Entered in:

Inspired By a Song















Supplies Used:

SSS

SSS
SA
SSS
SSS
SSS
SSS
SSS


Heartfelt Creations

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet and girly. Beautiful butterfly. Thank you for joining us at Simon Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.