Sunday, February 21, 2016

Altered Disc Box




Anybody remember those little AOL boxes that were used to send promotional discs - they are small & kind of magnetic on the edge?  The SSS Monday Challenge is to Recycle/Upcycle, so I finally used this disc box that I've been saving forever, for some reason.  This is the cover for a mini-album that will contain pictures of things I love about my husband.  I really like the way it turned out.  Hard to believe that it was originally bright orange, black, and white.  (I wish I had thought to snap a pic before I altered it.)  The base was covered with torn strips of Prima papers, then colored with Distress Paints and Glimmer Mist.  I used embossing paste (colored with the same Distress Paints) and a Tim Holtz stencil to add some texture to the corners.  The "Documented" center in the metal frame was covered with AllNight Media Liquid Embossing – Antique Glass Finish.  I painted the dragonflies with Black Soot and added some clear gems colored with Copic markers.  It was finished off with the black ribbon & metal tag.  Thanks for taking a look.


Supplies Used - some of the supplies used in this project can be found at the links below.  Others (ribbon, frame, gems, etc.) are misc. craft items from my stash.

SSS
SSS
SSS

SSS
SSS
SSS

Amazon

Amazon
Amazon

1 comment:

  1. Love your beautiful creation! The colors and texture are awesome. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.