Tuesday, January 26, 2016

SSS Monday Challenge - Love is in the Air + Red - Evidence of Love




My dad recently remarried so, for the current Monday Challenge, I decided to create an album cover for a mini gift album with wedding pictures - seemed like the perfect match to the LOVE theme - my title is "Evidence of Love".  I used another of my favorite Prima papers as the background, and attached it to the album cover with matte medium.  Distressed and inked all of the edges.  I die-cut the label and love word from grunge board and inked it with Weathered Wood distress stain and sprayed it with Perfect Pearls glimmer spray.  The ribbon is also colored with the Weathered Wood distress stain.  I selected some of my favorite charms and accents to attach to the label - the facet dangle is inked with Bottle and Silver alcohol inks.  My touch of red (not a go to color for me) is a heart stick pin that was originally bright red.  I used Red Pepper and Silver alcohol inks to tone the color down to match the more muted shades of the cover.  Thanks for visiting. Check out the SSS products listed below.


Detail of the charm dangles:


SSS Supplies Used:
Tim Holtz Idea-ology GRUNGEBOARD BASICS
Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist PEARL Glimmer Spray
Tim Holtz Idea-ology 12 FACETS Dangles
Tim Holtz Idea-ology HEART CHARMS 
Tim Holtz Idea-ology SWIVEL CLASPS
Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink RED PEPPER
Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink BOTTLE 
Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink SILVER Metallic Mixative
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Metal Word Bands OBSERVATIONS
Tim Holtz Idea-ology CRINKLE RIBBON
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Stain WEATHERED WOOD
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad WEATHERED WOOD
Prima Flowers 6 x 6 Paper Pack NATURE GARDEN
Tim Holtz Sizzix Die STYLED LABELS Movers & Shapers 






2 comments:

  1. So beautiful work! love the shades of colors you chose! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project! Love the great charms. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.