Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Art Journaling 2

Here's another attempt at Art Journaling.  I have learned a few things:

  • Having never taken an art class since grade school, for me, art seems to be a bit of an experiment.  lol.  I am learning & enjoying the process.  I will keep trying to express myself in this way.
  • Some stencils are not meant to be used with embossing paste.  I love this Delicate Butterflies stencil from Memory Box  (http://memoryboxco.com/product_detail.asp?id=88561), but it didn't really seem to be the best thing to use with embossing paste.  I will have to try this with another medium.
  • I really do need to use gesso on my pages before I add my inks to the background.
  • I love my Dylusions art journal (http://rangerink.com/?product=dylusions-journal).  But, as Shari Carroll noted in her class,  I probably need to paste the pages together / skip pages, because even with the gesso, sometimes my inks bleed through to the next page.  I know that is OK for some people, but it kind of bothered me a bit.  (I need to let go of my perfectionism.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.