Friday, April 26, 2013

Tim Holtz - 2013 Tags - April

Here's my take on the 2013 April Tag.  I don't have many of the products that Tim used, but I tried the techniques with what I had.  I used the distress paints patina effect on the tags & it was a lot of fun. I wanted it to be a bit more glitzy, so I actually used perfect pearls mists in copper instead of water to blend the paint colors.   I love the way the colors turned out.  I also used the paints on the metal pieces, the ribbon, the ticket & the button.  I dabbed a bit of the metallic paint on the filmstrip, too. I started with plain black buttons & colored them with the paints - it was so cool!  They look pretty awesome to me. I don't have the stamps that Tim used, but I really wanted to try this new stamp that I picked up at the Scrapbook Expo in Columbus last month. (I got my distress paints there at the Stampers Anonymous booth, too.)  I also used the following products:
Ranger Distress Paints in Antiqued Bronze, Chipped Sapphire, Weathered Wood, Broken China, and Seedless Preserves
Ideaology:Time Pieces, Word Bands, Corners, Game Spinners, Crinkle Ribbon, Filmstrip Ribbon,Tissue Tape, Adage tickets, Philosophy Tags and Memo Pins
Stamp: LaBlanche
Misc:  tag, buttons, Archival Ink in Jet Black





No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all of your comments and truly appreciate them! Thank you.